Payroll Operations Manager
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: May 6, 2022
The Manager, Payroll Operations is a critical role responsible
for Payroll Operations, including taxation, compliance,
garnishments, and reporting. This position is responsible for the
timely and accurate processing of all wage payments, benefit
deductions and related tax withholdings for US associates. Partners
closely on payroll, timekeeping and reporting matters with HRIS,
IT, Tax (External), Finance, HR and other internal stakeholders.
Ensures Company adheres to all legal/ regulatory compliance
requirements including FLSA, federal, state and local employment
laws and tax, compliance, etc. Leverages 3rd party vendors, as
appropriate, to support Company initiatives and drive efficiencies.
Additionally, this position will plan, lead and coordinate
continuous improvement efforts to enable efficient execution,
accuracy and compliance of all payroll processes.
- Oversee Payroll operations to ensure accuracy of payroll data
in ADP and issue timely payments for all associates (approximately
2K +), including California and Puerto Rico.
- Closely partner with Legal, HR/ Compliance, Tax and 3rd parties
to ensure Company is apprised of, and in compliance of, changing
laws regarding payroll-related employment law and taxation.
Implement changes to systems and processes as required.
- Work with internal stakeholders and represent Payroll on
special projects as appropriate (HR system enhancements (including
timekeeping), 3rd party implementations/ integrations, etc.).
Ensure appropriate payroll controls are implemented, tested and
modified as needed. Partner with Internal and External Audit as
- Partner with HR Business Partners, HRIS, IT, Finance and
Business Unit leaders to identify opportunities for process
improvement and efficiencies.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures established for
accounting and payroll functions.
- Functions as a liaison between payroll, business management, HR
and IT departments to increase the efficiencies between them.
- Develops and analyzes reports which easily and accurately
depict current and projected costs.
- In collaboration with Finance, reconciles payroll accounts on a
monthly and quarterly basis.
- Corrects coding of all payroll related G/L entries and ensures
correct allocation of payroll, liabilities and expenses.
- Prepares audit schedules for quarterly and annual audits (i.e.,
Worker Compensation, 401K, etc.)
- Provides monthly payroll accruals.
- Prepare and issue labor reports as required.
- Compiles, summarizes, and provides necessary payroll reports as
- Processing of annual compensation adjustments, merit increase
and bonus, including commissions on a more frequent basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education & Experience:
- Level of Formal Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Area of Study: Finance, Tax, or Payroll
- Years of Experience: Minimum 10 years' experience in related
- Special Certifications: CPP certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of ADP WFN for U.S. and PR is required.
- Five (5) years of experience handling multi-state payroll taxes
with a large (1,000+ employees) multi-state employer
- Exposure to best practices with expatriate/ inpatriate process
and related tax implications. (i.e., shadow payroll)
- Relies on experience and expertise to plan work accordingly and
to accomplish the position's goals and objectives
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and
resolve the typical questions and issues that arise because of
completing daily work activities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
interact with Managers in the field to resolve questions and
- Ability to produce reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying
- PC based financial applications and database skills
- Experience with Oracle Fusion is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated Payroll experience of California & Puerto Rico is
required; Dominican Republic is preferred.
- Ability to think quickly and react in a dynamic environment,
including critical review of current and future processes to ensure
compliance and efficiency.
- Comfortable communicating with senior management
- Strong Excel skills (i.e., VLOOKUP, pivot, etc.)
Keywords: Mapei, Deerfield Beach , Payroll Operations Manager, Executive , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!