Front Desk Agent
Company: La Quinta I-95 Deerfield Beach
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Guest Services Agent to join
our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham I-95 West Hillsboro location
in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive,
courteous, and efficient service to all guests during check-in,
throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room
revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
* College course work in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Computer experience required.
* Customer Services experience preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying, and solving problems, as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with Wyndham standards.
* Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all
hotel standards are met (if applicable).
* Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities, and
hours of operation in a timely manner.
* Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to
guests and meeting rooms.
* Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
* Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants,
transportation, entertainment, etc.
* Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
* Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed
in the Red Book.
* Be familiar with all in-house groups.
* Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
* Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
* Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
* Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient, and
* Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees.
* Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
* Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift
checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
* Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification
report, and housekeeping report.
* Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift
according to hotel standards.
* Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
* Maintain a clean work area.
* Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
*COMPANY OVERVIEW: *
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we
champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn - by Wyndham, Baymont - by Wyndham, Days Inn - by
Wyndham, Dazzler - by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts - by
Wyndham, Esplendor - Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by
Wyndham -, Howard Johnson - by Wyndham, La Quinta - Inns & Suites,
Microtel by Wyndham -, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide -
by Wyndham, Super 8 - by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection - by
Wyndham, Travelodge - by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham -, Wingate by
Wyndham -, Wyndham Garden -, Wyndham Grand - and Wyndham Hotels and
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in
London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $15.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Deerfield Beach, FL 33442: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: La Quinta I-95 Deerfield Beach, Deerfield Beach , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!