Veterans Preferred - X-Ray Technician
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. - We're unique. You
should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The X-Ray Technician is a trained medical professional performing
radiological duties in compliance with regulatory and departmental
requirements. The duties of the X-ray Technician vary from setting
to setting, depending on the size, location and type. The X-ray
Technician will perform radiographic exams, ordered by the
physician, that are technically satisfactory, properly positioned
and processed adequately. All exams must be performed using the
ALARA principle to minimize radiation dose to the patient.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions patient under X-ray machine, adjusts immobilization
devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection; adjusts
switches regulating length and intensity of exposure
- Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist
physicians including procedures, EKG's, phlebotomy and
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered;
maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-rays as
required for referrals and/or copying; keeps logs for x-rays sent
out for referrals. Keeps an updated log that consolidates X-rays
performed against reports received.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, practices OSHA safety standards,
performs accurate, legal and ethical documentation at all
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral written and communication skills and
empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including
doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers and market
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving
team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards,
policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and
other IT systems.
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure
timely patient flow.
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel as it may be
assigned to cover multiple centers.
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Graduate from an accredited program for Radiological Technology
or Basic X-Ray Machine Operator required; Graduate from an
accredited Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Two (2) years X-ray Technologist experience in a corresponding
setting is preferred. EMR system experience is preferred.
- Licensed and/or certified if required by state regulations. CPR
for Healthcare providers required.
Keywords: ChenMed, Deerfield Beach , Veterans Preferred - X-Ray Technician, Professions , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!