Part Time Delivery Truck Driver
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: January 8, 2022
What's the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift
and fuel your career as a Delivery Truck Driver/non CDL for Penske.
When you join Penske, you join a team of professional truck drivers
committed to delivering products safely and on time. And we're
proud to haul freight for some of the world's leading brands. (Yes,
we're more than just the yellow trucks.)
But it's more than that. It's about incredible customer service and
building relationships with your accounts. When you drive for
Penske, you're representing Penske, but you're also representing
your clients. In fact, you'll probably be driving their branded
trucks and wearing their uniform.
You'll be on the move with Penske-and so will your career. We have
tons of training opportunities for you. And with locations across
the nation, you can also move to a new city.
Best of all, you'll be with a stable, nationwide company that is
known for having the best equipment, great management, clear
communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday,
and for most of our driving positions, you're home daily. Yes,
daily. Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for
• Route/activity: Interested in obtaining a Class B commerical
driver's license? Come join our team! Penske will assist you with
obtaining your Class B license within 90 days of hire. Drivers are
responsible for delivering newspapers to customers. Home daily!
• Shift: Part-time position. Friday through Monday, or Monday
through Thursday. 8am dispatch.
• Equipment: 26' box trucks with liftgates.
• Compensation: $15.75 per hour.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or
agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic
violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• Valid Class C (driver's license) required. Class B commerical
license will need to be obtained within 90 days of hire, and
associated costs will be covered by Penske.
• 1 year of documented driving experience in the last 5 years
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving
• Reliable and customer oriented
• Safety oriented
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and
safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Deerfield Beach , Part Time Delivery Truck Driver , Professions , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!