Dir, Enterprise Architect
Company: JM Family
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: February 22, 2021
JM Family Enterprises, Inc . is one of the largest, most
innovative and diversified companies in the automotive industry. JM
Family has been on Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to Work For
for 20 consecutive years. What started with Jim Moran's passion for
selling cars continues today with the dedication and hard work of
every JM Family associate. Our principal businesses focus on
vehicle distribution and processing, finance and insurance, retail
vehicle sales, and dealer technology services. At JM Family, our
mission is to be the premier provider of quality products and
services. We accomplish this mission by adhering to our core
values, the three C's, the I and the A: Consideration, Cooperation,
Communication, Innovation, and Accountability.
JM Family is looking for an Enterprise Architect...
- Participate in the definition and evolution of Enterprise
Architecture (EA) that appropriately balances enterprise business,
information, technical and solution architecture viewpoints
- Participate in the development of an enterprise architecture
implementation plan based on business requirements and the varying
IT strategies for project-driven and product-driven delivery
- Facilitate business and IT alignment in a collaborative,
supportive and consultative manner, supporting the organization's
digital business strategies.
- Analyze the business' future-state capabilities and future (and
current) IT environments to detect critical deficiencies and
recommend solutions for improvement to drive the business
- Analyze business and operating models, market trends and the
technology industry to determine their potential impact on the
- Assess disruptive forces impacting the organization and
identify innovative technology-enabled opportunities that enable
business strategies. Assess their potential and use agile and lean
approaches to evolve and manage innovation.
- Sponsor and participate in technology experiments to create new
products and services and integrate the best of these into
steady-state operations for the organization.
- Identify the organizational requirements for the resources,
structural, and cultural changes necessary to support the EA
- Create and evolve governing principles to guide solution
decision making for the enterprise
- Participate in the design and execution of effective
- Present gap analyses and/or IT investment roadmaps that reflect
the status of the existing IT estate, namely, its ability to
contribute to future-state business capabilities around ecosystems
and digital platforms.
- Collaborates with project teams to ensure consistency with the
enterprise architecture, as well as to leverage shared
technologies, tools and processes that impact speed to value and
time to market.
- Collaborates with infrastructure and project teams to ensure
consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to
identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise
- Trusted and respected as a thought leader who can influence and
persuade business and IT leaders.
- Comfortable, experienced, and accomplished at working with
business executives, and able to push back in a professional and
- Highly collaborative and supportive of business and of its
ideals and strategies.
- Highly innovative with aptitude for foresight, systems thinking
and design thinking.
- Vendor and technology-neutral, more interested in achieving
targeted business outcomes than any specific technologies
- Composed in the face of opposition to architectural principles,
governance, and standards.
- Practical in approach to problem solving and decision
- Accountability: Defines mutual expectations of self and others.
Takes appropriate actions to meet obligations. Revises standards in
response to change.
- Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility within a variety of
changing situations while working with various individuals and
groups. Changes own ideas or perceptions in response to changing
circumstances. Alters standard procedures when necessary and
multitasks as required.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates awareness of and interest in
internal and external dynamics. Understands business issues.
Conducts research and identifies, collects, and analyzes
information about markets, economies, technology trends and
business operation issues to make informed decisions. Develops
approaches and solutions linked to the organization's strategy and
goals for optimal performance.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Collaborates with other members of
formal and informal groups in the pursuit of common missions,
vision, values, and mutual goals. Places team needs and priorities
above personal needs. Involves others in making decisions that
affect them. Draws on the strengths of colleagues and gives credit
to others' contributions and achievements.
- Conceptual Thinking: Synthesizes facts, theories, trends,
inferences, and key issues and themes in complex and variable
situations. Recognizes abstract patterns and relationships between
apparently unrelated entities or situations. Applies appropriate
concepts and theories in the development of principles, practices,
techniques, tools, and solutions.
- Decisiveness: Assesses the scope and potential impact of an
issue or opportunity. Uses business criteria and values to evaluate
alternative courses of action. Makes a timely choice based on the
options and information available.
- Digital Literacy: Uses digital technologies effectively to
access, navigate, evaluate, comprehend, create, and share
information, knowledge, ideas, and expertise.
- Innovation: Improves organizational performance by applying
original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes,
products, and services. Employs sound judgment in determining how
to deploy innovations to produce a return on investment.
- Results Orientation: Sets and achieves challenging goals.
Defines standards in terms of doing what is appropriate and doing
it well. Competes resourcefully and takes calculated risks to
- Risk Taking: Handles changes and uncertainties with ease and
with the ability to move forward quickly. Identifies and acts on
opportunities for continuous improvement. Demonstrates a
willingness to make high-risk decisions when necessary. Can act
with minimal planning and to take actions, weighing the benefits to
efficiency and effectiveness with the potential risks.Openness to
Learning. Takes responsibility for personal growth. Acquires
strategies for gaining new knowledge, behaviors, and skills. Builds
on and applies existing knowledge. Engages in learning from others,
both within and outside the organization. Tries innovative
approaches and broadens scope of work to learn from work
- Communication: Has a passion for communicating. Can convey
thoughts and ideas in a compelling way. Remains aware of the other
party and adjusts own approach as appropriate.
- Conceptualization: Applying "architectural thinking" to the
organization's business environment, and envisioning the relevant
business implications and scenarios involved
- Creativity: Applying abstract concepts in innovative ways to
- Pragmatism: Recognizing that things are not always clear-cut,
so they require pragmatic decision making.
- Consensus building: Bringing together people with opposing
views, and steering debates toward practical solutions.
- Communication/facilitation: Presenting ideas clearly and
facilitating discussions effectively. Promoting ideas is a big part
of EA, so a talent for persuading people to adopt new concepts is
key.Credentials and Experience
- Master's or bachelor's degree in business, computer science,
computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a
related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in at least three disciplines,
such as business, information, solution or technical architecture,
application development, middleware, information analysis, database
management or operations in a multitier environment.Skills
- Expert knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure
as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open
data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Expert knowledge of information management practices, system
development life cycle management, IT services management, agile
and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial
models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting, and risk management.
- Understanding of the diverse types of agile principles,
methodologies, and frameworks, especially those designed to be
scaled at the enterprise level.
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork,
facilitation, and negotiation.
- Understanding the political climate of the enterprise and how
to navigate obstacles and politics.
- Balancing the long-term ("big picture") and short-term
implications of individual decisions and organization goals.
- Translating business needs into EA requirements and estimating
the fiscal impact of EA alternatives.
- Rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new
- Strong leadership skills...... click apply for full job
Keywords: JM Family, Deerfield Beach , Dir, Enterprise Architect, Professions , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!