Retail Sales Associate
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Product Specialist (Sales Associate)-Outlet/Big Box *
Reports to: Store Management Team Department: STORES
Date: 12/3/2015 *JOB CODE: PART TIME-100050 FULL TIME-100020*
*JOB SUMMARY: *
The Product Specialist is responsible for driving unit sales at a
high velocity through creating an exceptional and exciting customer
experience. Product Specialists are responsible for engaging with
customers and applying the knowledge learned from company-driven
training programs as it relates to product knowledge and the
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
* Expected to engage customers and provide excellent customer
service in order to meet or exceed assigned sales plans and target
metric objectives within the assigned store.
* Maintains a commitment to the company's sales processes, values
and business code of ethics.
* Properly and accurately retrieves or receives merchandise for
* Assists customers with transactions on register. Properly
calculates sales discounts, total sales and determine bills,
accepts payments, and makes change for customers (if trained to do
* Wraps or bags merchandise for customers. Personally walks each
bag around the counter to the customer.
* Graciously accepts returns while turning returns into exchanges.
Partners with management if customer requires return/exchange
* Assists in proper product placement and consistent execution of
company's marketing and visual presentation standards and
* Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise end caps to
* Maintains a "wallpaper" image throughout shift in assigned
* Correctly stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise and
* Stocks shelves and end caps with merchandise. Sets up displays,
end caps and bins according to company directives.
* Ability to professionally communicate and engage customers by
answering questions and sharing product features and benefits.
* Demonstrates teamwork by working cooperatively with others toward
common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and
contributions of other team members, cultivates positive
relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and
support to others.
* Represents the company in a positive manner both with internal
and external customers.
* Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow _The Promise_ and
all company customer service standards.
* Completes all inventory processes promptly and accurately in
order to limit losses and shrink.
* Responsible for heavy amounts of stock functions including, but
not limited to, stock processing, filling and stocking floor racks
and back-stock racks, in-store inventories, shifting bins and walls
of product, etc. Physical work load and manual labor to be
performed by associates may be heavy (warehouse environment).
* Completes verification of store funds when asked to do so.
* Ability to accurately assess product fit upon customer
* Complies with policies and procedures at all times.
* Completes quality store recovery throughout the shift and at
closing in order to prepare for the next day's business.
* Willing and able to clean shelves, counters, tables, floors and
* Completes daily housekeeping and cleaning to ensure store is
always visually appealing to customers.
* All employees are required to use ladders as an essential
function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to
maintain the store's daily operations and in order to service
Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is
also outlined under thePHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job
description.*ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: *
Not all Product Specialists will have cashier responsibilities,
except if you are trained to accept payment and make change for
customers in our retail stores.
To be determined by your Management at any given time.
*SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
*JOB REQUIREMENTS: *
* Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all
* Must possess good written and verbal communication.
* Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets
requirements on consistent basis.
* It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require,
that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked,
including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based
on the needs of our business.
*EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION: *
* A minimum of one year cumulative retail/customer service
* High School Diploma, or equivalent
*LANGUAGE SKILLS: *
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance
*MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: *
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. Good cash handling skills required if trained
to process customer transactions.
*REASONING ABILITY: *
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk,
reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist
(neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is occasionally
required to sit. The employee constantly positions him/herself,
including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a
variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax
machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on
shelves, counters and tables, handle inventory, clean the store,
etc. The employee is required to consistently move about inside the
store to greet and sell to clients, stock or arrange merchandise,
inventory; clean the store, etc. The person in this position
frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the
telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products;
Store Manager for direction, etc.; be able to document incidents in
the absence of managers; must be able to accurately exchange
information in these situations. The employee frequently
ascends/descends a mobile ladder or step stool to access shelves,
stock shelves, arrange merchandise, clean the store, etc. The
employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50
pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, or
Buddy System, e.g., soliciting assistance from a co-worker.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job _. _
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
very loud music. The noise level in the work environment is usually
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those in which an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions, who are otherwise
qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
*I have read and understand the job description for Product
Specialist Out Big Box (PT-100050 / FT-100020). *
*Print Name Employee Number *
*Signature Date *
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.26 per hour
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Deerfield Beach, FL 33442: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Skechers, Deerfield Beach , Retail Sales Associate, Other , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!