VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Company: Habitat for Humanity
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: June 22, 2022
VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator inspires community members to
get involved in Habitat and work with our team to help more
hard-working families achieve a safe, decent place to live. The
VHC's focus is to develop an efficient volunteer recruitment,
coordination, and retention program for all affiliate
This position will engage, coordinate, train and grow Habitat for
Humanity of Broward's volunteer resources at our ReStore, office
and construction sites to meet the needs of a growing affiliate.
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator's role is to identify, recruit
and maintain a sustainable base of volunteers, ensure that all
volunteers are engaged in meaningful work and are appreciated and
recognized for their efforts.
* Develop strong, positive and lasting relationships with ReStore,
construction, and office volunteers.
* Develop Core Leader in Training program to help develop
* Meet weekly with construction team to discuss build schedule and
* Schedule and coordinate Team Builds for school groups, faith and
* Act as a jobsite host for volunteers and scheduled groups:
conduct on-site orientation, check-in volunteers, take before and
after photos, deliver closing remarks.
* Lead volunteer revenue generation through team builds and other
* Represent Habitat for Humanity of Broward at community events,
presentations, and assist with special events.
* Respond to volunteer inquiries received via phone, email, third
party, or in-person within 24 hours on inquiry.
* Lead community outreach efforts for volunteer requirement and
* Maintain volunteer management software to ensure accurate data,
including online processing and scheduling.
In coordination with department leaders ensure volunteer needs are
met. Create and update volunteer position descriptions, schedule
volunteers, and plan and managing volunteer needs for events.
* Respond to individual and group volunteer inquiries and
coordinate orientation and training of volunteers.
* Maintain and supervise the court-ordered community service
program at the ReStore.
* Manage volunteer records and required paperwork, ensuring all
necessary information is captured and supervise the work of
volunteers who assist in maintaining these records.
* Provide timely reports to management, monitor position vacancies
and proactively address critical needs.
* Design and develop programs and materials used for volunteer-
recruitment, orientations and trainings.
* Implement/measure volunteer program to evaluate volunteer
satisfaction and process improvement.
* Create and manage volunteer communications via email and
e-newsletters and volunteer recognition.
* Help to capture and analyze volunteer data to measure effective
* Enthusiastic, positive and passionate advocate for Habitat
Broward's volunteer army.
* Fast learner, strong interpersonal skills, friendly, outgoing
demeanor, able to connect with diverse individuals.
* Previous experience overseeing/managing volunteers or volunteer
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention
* Ability to prioritize a busy workload.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and online volunteer
Please send resumes to NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please add job title in the subject line.
Deerfield Beach, FL
About Habitat for Humanity
, founded in 1976, is a global, Christian-based nonprofit
organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial
community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God's love into action,
Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith
to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other,
we help families and individuals build and improve places to call
home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they
need to build better lives for themselves. Habitatseeks individuals
who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity employer
and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all
our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate
against any person because of race, color, religion, gender,
marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
This page is about our work in the North America region.
Keywords: Habitat for Humanity, Deerfield Beach , VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR, Other , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!