Research Scientist - Building Envelope Coatings
Company: Polyglass U.S.A., Inc. / Mapei Group
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Do you enjoy using your expertise in research to develop best in
class products that are the talk of the market?
Join our dynamic R&D team at Polyglass and finally enjoy a
career with excitement, challenge and growth!
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for new product
development and product support of liquid applied membranes and
coatings used in the residential and commercial roofing and
building envelope / waterproofing applications. He/She will be
responsible for competitive analysis, value engineering and product
improvement initiatives for existing product lines, and formulation
development of new products. He/she will interface closely with the
Director of Research & Development and directly with scientists and
technicians to mentor, design, formulate, and develop processes,
products, systems, and applications. -Position reports to the
Principal Scientist and Director of Research & Development.
-Additionally, provides an interface with Product Management,
Marketing, Operations, Technical Services, Supply Chain and Sales
What You Get To Do:
- Lead major product development projects and technical
initiatives in collaboration with Product Management, Operations,
Marketing, Purchasing, and Technical Services.
- Conduct and design tests, observe and record results to
establish quantitative performance benchmarks and assure that
products or systems meet external code body and internal
- Generate ideas that will enhance existing products and lead to
the development of new products, test procedures and
- Execute plant trials by transferring technology from small
scale lab models to large scale plant production.
- Create technical reports and communicate effectively with the
Principal Scientist and Director of R&D at regular intervals on
key projects as required.
- Perform independently and in teams towards executing the
initiatives of the management team.
- Collaborate with partner companies and key raw material
suppliers to advance the development of formulas, products or
- Train, mentor and guide R&D technicians as needed.
- Promote health, safety and environmental regulations by
ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are adhered to in
compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local
- Perform other duties as required. -The Skills and Background
- Strong track record of technology and product development in
the areas of roof coatings, building envelope, air and moisture
barriers, and waterproof coatings as well as roofing membranes is a
strict requirement for this role.
- Effective working knowledge of waterproofing coating systems
and membranes codes and standards. -
- Knowledge of acrylic latex, urethane and silicone
- Experience developing product formulas from the lab, through
scale-up and to the final technology transfer stage in the
- Lab experience working with analytical and mechanical
instruments for polymers and coatings characterization including
DMA, DSC, DSR, FTIR, Universal testing machine, etc.
- Ability to use analytical lab tools and data to generate
correlations that predict ultimate material performance and
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills with demonstrated track record of
successful new product development
- Track record of high scientific achievement (patents, articles,
- Able to work effectively with external partners at a technical
and interpersonal level.
- Effective teamwork and communication (oral and written)
Why Polyglass? -In addition to what we share in the wonderful video
below, it's important to know that Polyglass is a family-owned
company and a leader in our industry. - -We have experienced
tremendous growth in the past decade and that success fuels the
need for talent like yourself. - -Our wonderfully talented R&D
team has been one of the biggest reasons behind this growth! -
-Best-in-class benefits, ability to advance in your career and be
part of a family of people that succeed by helping others. -Apply
for this role and find out more about why so many choose to
continue their career at Polyglass for years - even decades. - -We
look forward to hearing more about you!
Let's show you what we mean when we say "Polyglass is a Family"---
- - -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZo5t2kn_SQ
Keywords: Polyglass U.S.A., Inc. / Mapei Group, Deerfield Beach , Research Scientist - Building Envelope Coatings, Other , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!