Information Security Manager
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Position Title: Information Security Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Information Technology
The Information Security Manager will be responsible for
developing and executing Coverall's Information security program.
This role is accountable for areas, including but not limited to
security awareness training, policy management, control framework,
data protection, security risk management, software security.
Develops, maintains, and implements information security standards,
procedures, and guidelines. Ensures that systems are protected from
unauthorized access and use. Monitors systems and identify threats.
Responsible for applying security principles, practices, and
procedures under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to maintain
compliance with applicable security regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides operational oversight for Daily Operations within the
Security Operations Center
- Produce and review aggregated metrics of SOC operations for
Tier II/Tier III performance, efficiency,
- Prepare reports that take note of security breaches and the
extent of the damage caused by these breaches
- Install software to protect sensitive information, such as
firewalls and data encryption programs
- Monitor the company's environment to keep an eye out for any
security breaches and investigate it if one does occur
- Research the latest in information technology security trends
to keep up to date with the subject and use the latest technology
to protect information
- Develop a security plan for best standards and practices for
- Make recommendations to senior executives about security
advancements to best protect the company's systems
- Help co-workers when they need to install a new program or
learn about security procedures
- Develop and communicate policies, procedures, and plans to the
executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
regarding technology- and industry-specific laws.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in information security, especially in a
vulnerability analysis role on a Computer Incident Response Team
(CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security
Incident Response Center (CSIRC), or a Security Operations Center
- Experience and direct working knowledge of Information Security
control frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST CSF, CobIT,
- Direct experience and knowledge of local and federal
information technology laws, including SOX, PII, PCI.
- Technical expertise in system security vulnerabilities and
remediation techniques, network and web- related protocols (e.g.,
TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, etc.)
- Technical expertise in security engineering, system and network
security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and
- Experience with Crowdstrike or similar platform experience
- Experience funning a Vulnerability Management Program (Qualys
- Broad understanding of various IT risk and threat assessment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and able to work in a team
- Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to
efficiently handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline or a minimum of 5
years equivalent Information Security experience.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center.
- CISSP and/or CISM certification preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience defining cybersecurity
- 2 + years working with Managed Services Providers
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted
for the education requirement.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 24 x 7 On-call availability and periodic overtime.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Some travel may be required.
Keywords: Coverall, Deerfield Beach , Information Security Manager, Other , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!