Principal EDC Programmer, IQVIA Biotech
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: January 16, 2022
IQVIA Biotech is seeking Principal EDC Programmers to join our
growing team! Position can be home-based anywhere in the United
Program and test Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems for
conducting clinical trials. Coordinate tasks and resource
allocation for projects under the supervision of the Manager of
Project Programming. Develop training materials and assist with the
development of programming work practices as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Manager of Project Programming to coordinate
programming tasks and resources during the development of EDC
- Serve as backup to the Manager of Project Programming as
- Develop and deliver training courses for other Programmers and
IQVIA Biotech staff.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of departmental and
divisional work practices, SOPs and forms.
- Assist with budget review for new proposals and CCBs as
- Supervise other Programmers, ensuring that departmental,
divisional, and corporate standards and practices are
- Track new releases and versions of EDC software and communicate
within IQVIA Biotech as needed.
- Evaluate new software and provide recommendation for
- Assist with the validation of new software and releases.
- Perform same duties as Senior EDC Programmer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of clinical research process and methodology.
- Understanding of current GCP, ICH, and FDA guidelines and
regulations applicable to conduct of clinical research.
- Ability to help supervise resources and plan long-range tasks
for EDC development.
- Ability to conduct training sessions with existing training
modules and update or create new training modules as needed.
- Ability to manage software releases and report software issues
to EDC vendor.
- Ability to program electronic case report forms (eCRFs) and
edit checks within an EDC system.
- Experience using Visual Basic / VB Script, SQL (preferably
Oracle), HTML, and XML.
- Ability to work creatively and independently to carry out
assignments of a complex nature.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively
with other professional staff members.
- Ability to learn new programming languages, technology, and
tools that will facilitate the clinical trial process.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5
years of work experience in programming; or Associates in Computer
Science or related field with a minimum of 6 years of work
experience in programming; or high school diploma (or equivalent)
with 7 years of work experience in programming; or equivalent
combination of experience and knowledge.
- Programming experience with one or more of the currently
supported IQVIA Biotech EDC platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor
Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and
data science to make the biggest impact possible to help our
customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics,
technology solutions and contract research services we provide to
the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+
employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and
intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected
veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with
disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to
submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in
the application process should contact IQVIAs Talent Acquisition
team at email@example.com to arrange for such an
Keywords: Iqvia, Deerfield Beach , Principal EDC Programmer, IQVIA Biotech, IT / Software / Systems , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!