Company: Lifeskills South Florida
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Lifeskills South Florida is looking for a Weekend Shift
Supervisor to join our team.Position SummaryThe Shift Supervisor is
to supervise assigned residential staff, assist staff complete
necessary paperwork, and facilitate good communication and
leadership skills for use in client to staff interactions. Position
will maintain guidelines for clients and staff, ensure that all
apartment rounds are done, and that clients are adequately
supervised at all time. Position will ensure clients attend all
necessary groups, activities, and appointments. Position will
coordinate client transportation, apartment maintenance, food
shopping, and general client daily needs. Position will maintain
optimum communication with Residential Supervisor and remain
available for residential on call rotations.
- Demonstrates proper time management, supervisory, and
communication skills with staff and clients.
- Addresses and understands clients with mental health and/or
substance abuse difficulties.
- Supports the clinical staff in administering the level system
for the clients.
- Supervises residential staff in implementing program rules in a
manner that is respectful of the client and their individual
- Manages staff schedules, daily operations, and client safety
- Develops a professional rapport with clients through
interactions that are firm, fair, and consistent.
- De-escalates clients and remains solution-focused during
- Ensures that all paperwork and client reporting is
appropriately completed by residential staff, including incident
reports and shift reports.
- Facilitates client groups as needed, including House Group,
Morning Reflection, New Patient Orientation.
- Assists with client admissions and discharges, as needed.
- Maintains appropriate contact with Residential Supervisor and
Clinical staff concerning client behaviors.
- Takes accountability for successfully completing assignments or
- Conveys information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and
- Completes assignments or tasks and maintains client safety in a
- Effectively utilizes company computer programs.
- Performs other related duties, as required and assigned.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates a high level of follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretionEducation and
ExperienceHigh School Diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of
experience in a mental health and/or substance abuse treatment
Keywords: Lifeskills South Florida, Deerfield Beach , Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!