Clinical Operations Specialist Mental Health - Deerfield Beach, FL - Mental Health
Company: Wellpath Recovery Solutions Corporate Office
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Clinical Operations Specialist Mental Health - Deerfield Beach,
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role
The Clinical Operations Specialist Mental Health is a Registered
Professional Nurse with experience in the practice of mental health
and correctional nursing and processing, advanced studies and
expertise in administration of nurse services. This position will
have the ability to develop, review and implement training to
assure that nursing staff are trained to function in a competent,
proficient manner in order to meet the needs of adults with serious
and persistent mental illness, substance use disorders, and chronic
medical problems at assigned facilities. The Clinical Operations
Specialist Mental Health will provide necessary guidance to
backfill, teach, coach and assist operational management team in
making clinical decisions; assist in obtaining operational goals
and objectives, as well as in developing appropriate policies and
procedures of the company at all sites; and maintain compliance
with required site specific accreditation standards such as TJC,
NCCHC, CMS, and state accreditation standards. May be required to
cover facility leadership positions for extended periods of
This is a contract / travel position. Wellpath will pay for your
travel. Wellpath will pay for you to visit home every 3-4
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- CARF and/or TJC knowledge and experience.
- At least three years' experience in healthcare.
- Previous employment as an HSA/DON preferred.
- RN Certification; CPR certification.
What you will do
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, coordinates and implements educational programs for
nursing staff, including ongoing curriculum needs.
- Incorporates all current regulatory requirements into nursing
- Works with the Human Resources department to provide training
for nursing staff.
- Assist the Chief Nursing Officer with corrective actions,
coaching and counseling employees in all situations related to
their work performance.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of orientation for nursing
department staff (RN, LPN and MHT).
- Plans and presents recertification classes and continuing
education programs to enhance and maintain the knowledge of
- Develops or revises continuing education offerings related to
psychiatric and medical care, based on requests or identified needs
by management and other staff members.
- Communicates scheduled classes in a timely manner and offers
flexibility in scheduling.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, and submits
educational information to the Human Resources Department.
- Monitors the progress of nursing staff in meeting educational
goals and maintains training data base.
- Ensures that staff competencies are assessed and documented
during the orientation period and annually.
- Demonstrated technical and process knowledge and the ability to
coach others in the leadership of operations procurement, flow and
distribution including supplies, machinery, equipment or tools to
be used or merchandise to be bought, stocked and sold.
- Demonstrates financial literacy and capability to coach others
in the areas of staffing/planning, planning, administration and
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership ability to provide
guidance in the maintenance of state, federal and local ethics
compliance guidelines and policies.
- Understands and demonstrates the ability to coach others in the
appropriate application of incident tracking, review, resolution,
preventative and reporting procedures, including, but not limited
to discrepancies in sharps and tool counts and medication
- Must be able to secure and maintain required
background/security clearance for all client facilities.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here
Keywords: Wellpath Recovery Solutions Corporate Office, Deerfield Beach , Clinical Operations Specialist Mental Health - Deerfield Beach, FL - Mental Health, Healthcare , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!