Medical Assistant- Deerfield Beach Clinic
Company: Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: May 2, 2021
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the
University of Miami, please click to log in to Workday to use the
internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty
or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and
academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest
private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for
excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and
impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the
community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging,
where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value.
Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence,
Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community
works together to create an environment driven by purpose,
excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami UMHC/Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
has an exciting opportunity for Medical Assistant at Deerfield
The Medical Assistant shall perform multi-skilled tasks to assist
the medical providers. Assist patients with healthcare management
and clinical procedures. The MA shall prepare patients prior to and
post examination, treatment or procedure under the direct
supervision and responsibility of a physician. The physician in
charge may delegate the tasks to oversee the MA to the Nurse
Manager/Nurse Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse of the area.
- Works directly with the Nurse Manager/Nurse Supervisor and/or
Charge Nurse to ensure clinic is running smoothly
- Performs patient interviews for chief complaint, medication
reconciliation and pertinent history
- Obtains vital signs and patient information for patients
medical record inclusions
- Prepares treatment room prior and post examination
- Assist medical provider as a chaperone as indicated
- Assist with physical examinations by preparing supplies and
handing instruments/materials to the medical provider as
- Perform venipunctures and collects routine laboratory specimens
as directed by medical practitioner/nursing leaders
- Perform basic first aid
- Performs EKG
- Bladder Scanning
- Ostomy Care
- Simple dressing change (no central line and/or PICC/Midline
- Performance point of care testing
- Reports observed signs and symptoms, obtained from the patient,
to report to the provider
- Assist with patients daily care activities
- Able to use and/or perform with medical equipment, post
training and demonstrated competency
- Refill medication prescriptions, as ordered by the medical
provider, by calling patients pharmacy
- Provide patients with basic educational instruction and
information regarding examination procedures
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments; observes the
principles of sterile technique in performing duties
- Documents accurate pertinent information in patients electronic
- Restocks patient room
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Medical Assistant certification and graduate from accredited
Medical Assistant Program
- Active and current BLS provider card by the American Heart
- Phlebotomy certification
- EKG Certificate
- Prefer One (1) year of relevant work experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition
remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only
university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care
powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at
the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we
are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and
sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters
each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide
recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care.
We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza
("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of
Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide
ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and
clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or
clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination.
Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or
termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click for additional information.
Keywords: Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Deerfield Beach , Medical Assistant- Deerfield Beach Clinic, Healthcare , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!