Retail Assistant Store Manager (full time)
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*1st Assistant Manager-Outlet/Big Box *
Reports to: Store Manager Department: STORES
Date: 10/16/2015 *JOB CODE: 100000* Division: Retail
*JOB SUMMARY: *
Assist the Store Manager in leading assigned location to achieve
sales goals through consistent operational excellence, discipline,
and a committed team who execute flawlessly. The role of a 1st
Assistant Manager is to assist the Store Manager in fulfilling and
executing the company mission statement on a daily basis. Is
obsessive about our product, people and our customers.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Assists the Store Manager in meeting or exceeding assigned sales
plans and target metric objectives by training and coaching
employees to execute operational efficiencies in order to drive-out
a high velocity of units via price point. Ensures customer
interaction expectations are focused on driving multi-pair
* Maintains a commitment to the company's sales processes, values
and business code of ethics.
* Assists the Store Manager in monitoring and addressig patterns of
* Ensures consistent execution of company's marketing and visual
* Proactively identifies various market opportunities and makes
recommendations to Store
Manager for localized product and visual and marketing
* Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise end caps to
* Ensures a "wallpaper" image is consistent throughout the
* Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise and merchandise
boxes; trains others on current directives.
* Stocks shelves, counters, or end caps with merchandise.
* Ensures Outlet/Big Box store visual standards are met at all
times per company direction by ensuring the proper mix and depth in
key SKU's. Ensures that price-point drivers are in place to drive
unit sales and liquidate product (IE: end caps and floor stacks are
full and properly maintained to standards).
* Ability to create excitement and shows passion for the product by
communicating relevant information about fitness and fashion to
customers. Able to answer questions about product features and
benefits; teaches others to do the same.
R/jobdescriptions/ retail 1stAsst.ManagerOTLBigBox.doc 1
* Trains staff on how to drive sales to fullest potential through
continued development on product knowledge, customer service
standards and visual presentation.
* Assists Store Manager by recruiting top talent to support sales
and growth of company.
* Partners with Store Manager to hire, develop and retain top
talent, as well as, address employee relations issues when directed
to by senior management.
* Supervises employees in Store Manager's absence by enforcing
policies and procedures, noting disciplinary issues that need to be
addressed, and reporting any violations of company
policies/procedures to Store Manager.
* Ensures all Human Resources paperwork and training files are
current and kept in folders for associates per retention
* Ability to complete new hire and other human resources paperwork
timely and accurately.
* Demonstrates the ability to consistently follow and also ensure
others follow _The Promise_ and all company customer service
* Ensures compliance to policies and procedures at all times and
reports any concerns to senior management.
* Confers with management to ensure that banking deposits are made
and recorded daily; responsible for delivering to the bank, at a
specified location, with or without armored car service, as
directed by the store manager.
* Ensures that the store is secured at closing (i.e. doors locked,
safe locked, alarms are set).
* Ability to remove and record cash in register at end of
shift/closing and prepare bank deposits properly.
* Works proactively with Store Manager to develop solutions to
decrease losses and shrink.
* Maintains proper inventory controls, facilitates inventory
transaction and bulk counts.
* Ensures price integrity and general pricing of product on the
floors is reflective of current markdowns and markups per company
* Ensures all sales are rung correctly and that all associates are
trained on how to properly ring a transaction.
* Leads by example and works along-side staff performing work and
teaching best practices
(IE: shifting bins and walls of product). Expected physical work
load and manual labor to be performed by management may be heavy
* Effectively delegates tasks to other hourly employees to ensure
the store is properly recovered for the next day's business.
* Always willing and able to lead by example when cleaning shelves,
counters, end caps and overall store; teaches standards to
* Ensures inventory is checked in, stocked correctly on shelves and
displayed within 24 hours of receipt per operational standards.
* Ensures Elite goals are met for the store and provides ongoing
feedback to associates on their Elite goal progress.
* Keeps daily record of store sales, scheduling, damages, mismates,
deposit log, employee discounts, new hire paperwork, pay outs and
visitor log. Audits daily records regularly to ensure
R/jobdescriptions/ retail 1stAsst.ManagerOTLBigBox.doc 2
* Responsible for carrying out area of responsibilities (AOR)
tasks, assignments and execution under the supervision of the Store
* Completes the daily planner and ensures chat-ins and chat-outs
occur during every shift.
* All employees are required to use ladders as an essential
function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to
maintain the store's daily operations and in order to service
customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be
followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section
of the job description.
* Demonstrates the Skechers Key Behaviors for each Core
* Serves as a role model by presenting a professional image in
appearance, words and action.
* Demonstrates excellent personal salesmanship and provides
appropriate training to employees in order to develop their selling
* Assumes responsibility and displays the ability to take charge
when the Store Manager is absent.
* Successfully executes company objectives under the direction of
the Store Manager and provides leadership and tools to team members
to ensure they also meet their daily goals.
*ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: *
This position is a management position. Responsible and accountable
for keys to the store. Responsible for the opening and closing of
the store as directed by the Store Manager.
Other duties assigned as necessary to maintain store's daily
*SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: *
Limited Direct Supervision, this position is part of management.
This is a lead position which delegates daily work assignments as
directed by the Store Manager. Responsible for documenting daily
incidents involving customers or employees and communicating to
senior management how incidents were handled. Responsible for
communicating with senior management on all matters involving
business operations and employees.
Position must be authorized by both the District Manager and the
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
*JOB REQUIREMENTS: *
* Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all
* Must possess strong written and verbal communication.
* Must produce work that is accurate, thorough and meets
requirements on consistent basis. Leads and develops team to do the
R/jobdescriptions/ retail 1stAsst.ManagerOTLBigBox.doc 3
* It is a condition of employment, and responsibilities require,
that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked,
including when we may need to increase or decrease your hours based
on the needs of our business.
*EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION: *
* Minimum of two year of retail/customer service experience
* High School Diploma, or equivalent
*LANGUAGE SKILLS: *
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance
*MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: *
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. Good cash handling skills required.
*REASONING ABILITY: *
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
*BACKGROUND HISTORY: *
Must have a background report (i.e. Criminal, DMV, Social Security)
conducted and approved by the Loss
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk,
reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist
(neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is occasionally
required to sit. The employee constantly positions him/herself,
including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a
variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax
machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on
shelves, counters and tables, handle inventory, clean the store,
etc. The employee is required to consistently move about inside the
store to greet and sell to customers, stock or arrange merchandise,
inventory; clean the store, etc. The person in this position
frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the
telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products;
communicates with Store Manager for direction, etc.; be able to
document incidents in the absence of managers; must be able to
accurately exchange information in these situations. The employee
frequently ascends/descends a mobile ladder or step stool to access
shelves, stock shelves, arrange merchandise, clean the store, etc.
The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50
pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, or
use the Buddy System, e.g., soliciting assistance from a
R/jobdescriptions/ retail 1stAsst.ManagerOTLBigBox.doc 4
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to sucessfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
very loud music. The noise level in the work environment is usually
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to
perform the essential functions.*
*I have read and understand the job description for 1st Assistant
Manager Outlet Big Box (100000). *
*Print Name Employee Number *
*Signature Date *
R/jobdescriptions/ retail 1stAsst.ManagerOTLBigBox.doc 5
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 1 year
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Deerfield Beach, FL 33442: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Skechers, Deerfield Beach , Retail Assistant Store Manager (full time), Executive , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!