Assistant Manager I
Company: West Marine
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Under limited supervision, achieves the sales goal of the business
unit through assisting in planning, coordinating and managing all
operations of the store. These operations include: ensuring
excellent customer service, meeting and exceeding the store's
annual sales goal, inventory shrinkage and high quality of work
life results. They will supervise work of subordinate associates.
They will perform related supervisory and professional work as
required. This position reports to the Store/General Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assisting associates with executing the plan of meeting or
exceed the store's annual sales goal.
- Acknowledge and greet customers that are within a close
(ten-foot) radius or ten seconds of arriving where the associate is
- Leading by example, greet customers, engage them in
conversation to determine their boating needs, provide product
knowledge to customers and suggestively sell items and additional
services that they may not have anticipated they will need.
- Actively participate in all programs and procedures that drive
- Treat associates, customers and vendors better than they
- Achieve excellent customer service. Resolve customer concerns
and complaints in a timely and gracious manner.
- Assist with hiring, coaching, training and disciplining store
- Assist with scheduling associates effectively to ensure maximum
floor coverage for excellent customer service and achieving store
sales within the store's payroll budget.
- Ensure the store is neat, clean and organized throughout each
- Acknowledge by signature that weekly "Store Bulletin" has been
read and posted for other associates to read. (Store Information
- Assist with communication, coaching and training of store
associates on important information about products, sales
techniques, company policies and guidelines or any other important
- Suggest usage of West Marine promotional programs and services
with each applicable sale.
- Help ensure payroll is processed correctly and on time.
- Verify Asset Protection standards are met all the time.
- Achieve a store audit score of 80% or better.
- Work with associates to achieve a high 'Matinee Review" score
through excellent customer service, product knowledge and follow
- Know what products are currently on sale or in promotion and
have them displayed properly for sale by the start date.
Additional Job Functions:
- Participate in store opening and store closing duties.
- Correctly handle all register transactions.
- Answer the telephone within three rings.
- Have the ability to wear and communicate through a
- Receive and display product shipments on store retail shelves
within twenty-four hours of delivery.
- Performs related duties as required.
Keywords: West Marine, Deerfield Beach , Assistant Manager I, Executive , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!