Water Technician - Advanced
Company: Belfor USA Group Inc
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Specialist in Water Damage - Advanced is an expert in the drying
and repair of residential buildings, large commercial, industrial
and institutional buildings and their contents. They are local,
regional and national resources of BELFOR. His competences include
electronics and machinery management, books and documents, as well
as specialized drying. Delimit and dimension large losses and
specify the systems of drying by heat and desiccant as appropriate.
They have practical knowledge of the electrical demand of the
drying equipment and the determination of temporary energy needs.
They are proficient in the use of plans and floor plans and are
familiar with the integration of heating, cooling and ventilation
(HVAC) systems to enhance the drying systems. In CAT situations,
advanced specialists can lead multiple teams and take on
significant production responsibility. This position is level 4,
the highest in the progressive route of Water
- Direct the teams in the use of the right PPE for the job.
- Review the daily requirements of projects, document progress
and notify managers of progress and challenges encountered.
- Provide appropriate field documentation, photographic records,
charts and sketches for various TPA projects.
- Using the acquired skills, draw sketches, read plans and floor
plans, develop humidity content records, complete pyrometric
records and determine the drying objectives.
- Calculate the load (content) of humidity in a building,
calculate the cubic meters of the affected parts of the building
and request additional support in projects affected by large water
- Determine the electrical consumption of the drying equipment,
the connection and operation of a 220/110 converter and the
requirements of a temporary power source.
- Perform daily inspections of vehicle safety and maintenance and
keep these clean and in perfect conditions of use.
- Attention to details.
- The professional will be obliged to comply with the standards
of BELFOR to safeguard the property of other people.
- Must have a deep knowledge of customer service, as well as the
principles and practices of this.
- Ability to work with time constraints to meet specific
- You will be periodically requested to travel and work at night
and during weekends.
- You must inform in a timely and accurate manner about the time
worked and the equipment and consumables used.
- Attend the operations sponsored by BELFOR and the security
training courses that are necessary.
- Supervise and self-perform Water Damage Basic and Intermediate
- Perform all tasks related to managing large loss sites or
specialized remediation requirements
- Create moisture maps using tools and knowledge provided
- Supervise multiple crews simultaneously on multiple
- Select appropriate disposal options and get release of
liability for disposed itemsQualifications
- Working knowledge of IICRC S500 Water Damage Standard
- Working knowledge of IICRC S520 Mold Remediation Standard
- Carry current IICRC ASD designation
- Must demonstrate mastery of BELFOR Water Damage Book
- Must demonstrate proper use of appropriate meters and IR
camera, understanding of affected vs unaffected building materials
- Demonstrate an understanding of air mover calculation, LGR
dehumidification chart; electrical power spec and electrical
- Demonstrate mastery in the use of HydroSensor, Thermal
Hygrometer, NavPro Moisture Meter or equivalent and the recording
of data Demonstrated experience and working understanding and
proficiency of a building environment, thermodynamics,
psychrometry, "Burping" a building, containment of HVAC supply
and/or return air (CAT 3/Mold)
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per BELFOR's vehicle
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive
attitude, and strong work ethic
- English language literacy and fluencyPhysical Demands
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and
- Ability to use mobile devices for collection of data and
time.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.DisclaimerThe
statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
Keywords: Belfor USA Group Inc, Deerfield Beach , Water Technician - Advanced, Engineering , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!