Lead IT Auditor
Company: JM Family Enterprises
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Overview:JM Family Enterprises, Inc. is one of the largest, most
innovative and diversified companies in the automotive industry. JM
Family has been on Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to Work For
for 23 consecutive years. What started with Jim Moran's passion for
selling cars continues today with the dedication and hard work of
every JM Family associate. Our principal businesses focus on
vehicle distribution and processing, finance and insurance, retail
vehicle sales, and dealer technology services. At JM Family, our
mission is to be the premier provider of quality products and
services. We accomplish this mission by adhering to our core
values, the three C's, the I and the A: Consideration, Cooperation,
Communication, Innovation, and Accountability.Job Description:JM
Family is seeking a Lead IT Auditor at our corporate headquarters
in Deerfield Beach, FL. This role is a great opportunity for
someone who is an experienced IT auditor. In this role you will
execute internal audits for IT and other business units as well as
integrated IT/process reviews and consultations. A Lead Auditor
must have extensive audit experience with specialized depth and /
or breadth of expertise in IT auditing. This position conducts
internal audits under the general direction of Internal Audit
Management and in compliance with audit standards, schedules, and
any related statutes. This position creates work programs and may
train and assign work to less experienced team members, reviewing
work activities and job performance, and counseling subordinates on
the conduct of audit work. A Lead Auditor is recognized by business
partners as having specialized expertise and recommends standards
and long-term goals for the areas audited, as well as methods to
improve the operational efficiency of audits. This position may
handle sensitive, unusual or complex audits where a broader
knowledge of auditing is required. A Lead Auditor is able to work
independently and take a broad perspective to identify solutions,
requiring guidance only in the most complex situations. This
position may conduct preliminary reviews of audit reports completed
by less experienced team members and approves or makes
recommendations to management. This position requires a
professional with a degree, a professional internal audit or
related qualification, and at least 5 years of experience.Under
direction of Internal Audit Management, and in accordance with the
JM Family Enterprises, Inc. ("JMFE") Internal Audit Group Charter,
Audit Leads will be responsible for Third Line of Defense
activities, including the execution of the JMFE audit
plan.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Regular communication / networking with associates at multiple
levels throughout the organization for the purpose of ongoing
relationship building to facilitate audit work and continuous risk
assessment, monitoring, and information gathering.
- At the direction of Internal Audit Management, assist in the
completion of the risk assessment process. This includes
collaboration with associates in the Second Line and First Line of
Defense, conducting interviews, assessing risks identified, and
helping develop and present the annual audit plan to Senior
- Planning and conducting audits as assigned by Internal Audit
Management and according to internal audit procedures. This
- Maintaining independence and objectivity as described in the
JMFE Internal Audit Group Charter in order to be able to evaluate
the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control
- Leading and coordinating assigned audits and/or projects to
ensure timely completion.
- Executing audit planning based on audit objectives. Gather
information to identify high/critical risks. Document walk-through
procedures and identify key controls and control gaps in either a
flowchart or narrative form as appropriate. Develop and present the
Risk and Controls Matrix ("RCM") to Internal Audit Management to
- Conducting Fieldwork procedures as guided by the RCM. This will
include determining the population and sample size for testing and
creating test attributes to determine if controls are operating and
functioning as designed.
- Documenting test work, audit findings, and conclusions with
associated business risks and making recommendations to enhance
internal controls and/or identify opportunities for improved
- Presenting audit findings and recommendations to all levels of
- Obtaining responses to the audit findings and ensuring the
responses address the identified control/process deficiencies.
- Preparing audit reports and other management communications
(e.g., Audit Committee presentation slides) that summarize and rank
the audit findings and recommendations as well as associated
- Perform periodic follow-up on audit findings with the business
to ensure that all management action plans have been completed
- Build effective working relationships with co-source partners
when assigned to co-sourced engagements. This includes acting as
the liaison between the co-source partner and business area
auditee, assisting in scheduling meetings with the auditee and
ensuring that co-source partners receive adequate cooperation and
information from the business for them to perform their audit in a
timely manner. In addition, meeting periodically with co-source
partner to discuss progress, updating Internal Audit Management and
assisting in review of the final audit report or other
deliverables. Ensure established vendor management procedures for
the department are followed.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple concurrent audits
and projects as requested.
- Complete administrative responsibilities as requested or
assigned by Internal Audit Management (e.g., time reporting, system
user access reviews, records retention activities).Competencies of
a Lead Auditor:
- In addition to the tasks listed above, a Lead Auditor is
expected to exhibit the competencies of a professional auditor
outlined in the IIA's Global Internal Audit Competency Framework.
These competencies encompass personal skills such as,
communication, critical thinking, persuasion and collaboration, as
well as technical expertise, including those highlighted by the IIA
Professional Practices Framework such as: business acumen,
governance, risks and control.Job Requirements:About You:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Accounting,
or similar major preferred. Master's degree a plus.
- Active CISA required as well as CPA, CIA or related
- Minimum five years of IT auditing in public accounting,
internal audit, or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the audit field, and a broad
expertise in information technology auditing, including the areas
of application controls, asset management, change management, data
privacy, data protection, disaster recovery and business
continuity, logical security, network security, and vulnerability
- Understanding of the COBIT, NIST, COSO, and/or COSO ERM
- Knowledge of key IT risks, controls, and ability to use
technology-based audit techniques. Demonstrated knowledge of
project management skills.
- Strong process analysis, risk and control identification and
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel,
Word, Power Point, Visio and ACL. Experience with TeamMate or other
audit management systems a plus.
- Experience with data analytics, including related software
applications, such as ACL or Power BI, is a plus.
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills and ability to
make decisions independently.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with all
levels of management and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must possess strong analytical abilities as well as strong
verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel when required.#LI-DM1
Keywords: JM Family Enterprises, Deerfield Beach , Lead IT Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!