IT Asset Manager
Company: JM Family
Location: Deerfield Beach
Posted on: February 22, 2021
JM Family Enterprises, Inc . is one of the largest, most
innovative and diversified companies in the automotive industry. JM
Family has been on Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to Work For
for 20 consecutive years. What started with Jim Moran's passion for
selling cars continues today with the dedication and hard work of
every JM Family associate. Our principal businesses focus on
vehicle distribution and processing, finance and insurance, retail
vehicle sales, and dealer technology services. At JM Family, our
mission is to be the premier provider of quality products and
services. We accomplish this mission by adhering to our core
values, the three C's, the I and the A: Consideration, Cooperation,
Communication, Innovation, and Accountability.The IT Asset Manager
is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of
software and technology-related hardware within the organization.
This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license
and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to
optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Asset
Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking
company assets to oversee quality control throughout their
lifecycles . Primary Duties and Responsibil i t i es:
- Formulates and implements processes, procedures and systems for
tracking and analyzing software, hardware, and equipment from
requisition through retirement.
- Account for the IT assets throughout the enterprise utilizing
tools to manage all assets within the organization and affiliated
- Develop and conduct training as needed for use by department
level staff to maintain inventory.
- Manage acquisition of assets from planning through
- Report to senior management ITAM/ l ife c ycles and resolve
- Verify, enter, and adjust equipment IT a sset m anagement data
in a variety of forms, schedules, and reports.
- Track entire life-cycle management for each asset in order to
maintain warranty information, refresh date, and end of life data
- Work directly with the administrator(s) to maintain inventory
- Develop written plans, policies, and procedures to document
processes to support the asset management lifecycle.
- Conduct annual inventory audit and develop process and
procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Manage and administer waste policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned. Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree in c omputer s cience, i nformation t
echnology, e ngineering or b usiness a dministration or seven years
of equivalent experience.
- Associate degree in c omputer s cience, i nformation
technology, e ngineering or b usiness a dministration or 10 years
of equivalent experience.
- One or more security certifications such as Certified
Information Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information
Security Systems Manager (CISM) or Certified in Healthcare Privacy
and Security (CHPS) a plus. Knowledge & Experience
- Specific experience evaluating, recommending and implementing
- Knowledge of the following technologies with specific
experience with at least one vendor under each domain: compute
(Cisco, Dell), c ollaboration (Microsoft), mobile d evice m
anagement, n etworking, o perating s ystems (Windows for desktops,
windows server + , AWS, Linux), v irtualization (Citrix, Mic r
osoft Hyper-V, VMware , AWS, Azure ).
- Experien ce evaluating or implementing chargeback and
- Experience in scoping, planning and managing complex and
concurrent technical activities supported by a strong understanding
of IT project management; demonstrated ability to manage scope,
timeline, and budget; PMP certification a plus.
- Experience with business requirements gathering and
- Understanding of information processing principles and
- Experience developing business cases and negotiating with
- Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure
Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management. ITIL Foundations
certification a plus. Personal Attributes
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; resourceful and
capable of working in the abstract, with the ability to understand
multiple facets of complex technologies.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication
skills with experience communicating complex, technical concepts to
- Solid relationship management skills interacting horizontally
and vertically across organizations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in
- Exceptional customer service orientation. #LI-KN1#WeDoITBetter
- provided by Dice
Keywords: JM Family, Deerfield Beach , IT Asset Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Deerfield Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!